Every year, more than 600 communities across America host the Alzheimer’s Association Walk to end Alzheimer’s®. This has become the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research –– and GranVida Senior Living is proud to be among the sponsors right here in Santa Barbara.
The Santa Barbara walk for 2016 will be held next Saturday, October 29th. Please stop by to see us at our table at the Fess Parker DoubleTree Resort – Plaza Del Sol, 633 E. Cabrillo Boulevard, Santa Barbara, CA.
Check-in and registration are at 9am while the Opening Ceremony is at 10am for the 5K (3.1 miles) and 3K (1.9 miles) walks.
Alzheimer’s Disease is an epidemic worldwide:
- It’s the only cause of death in the top 10 in America that can’t be prevented, cured or slowed.
- Almost 2/3 of Americans with Alzheimer’s disease are women.
- 1 in 3 seniors dies with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.
- It’s the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S.
- More than 5 million Americans are living with this disease.
- And there are more than 15.9 million caregivers of people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias in the U.S.
The Alzheimer’s Association is a global organization, working to advance care, support and research across the world. From face-to-face support to online education programs and promising worldwide research initiatives, the money you raise makes a difference in the lives of those facing Alzheimer’s.